WHO ARE WE?
"We", "our" or "us" means [Scandinavian Futon]. We are the controller of your personal information. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we collect, store and use personal information about you.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ON OUR WEBSITE AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
When you visit our website (including our mobile version) we will collect personal information from you when you:
- Browse our website;
- Purchase products;
- Comment on or review our products;
- Contact us via the website
If you purchase products we will collect: your full name, your address, a delivery address, a contact telephone number and your email address. We will use your personal information to administer your order (including dealing with any queries, issues, returns, or payment relating to it) and deliver your products or make them available for collection.
If you comment on or review products: we will collect your full name, e-mail address, comments and any additional personal information that you enter in at the time of the review. We will use your review to improve our products and services and may be published on our website and other social media outlets.
If you use our ‘Contact Us’ link via the website we will collect: your full name, contact number, your email address and full address including postcode together with details of the query or issue you have raised. We will use your personal information to access your account if you have one and to respond to you and to investigate, consider and deal with any issue or complaint you have raised. In order to ensure that you receive our best customer service, we will retain previous conversations which we have had with you.
OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION WE WILL COLLECT
We may use your personal information for the purposes of bringing or defending any legal proceedings or meeting any legal or compliance obligations we have. This may include the collection and use of your signature to settle any delivery disputes.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT WHEN YOU CALL US BY PHONE AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
If you contact us by phone for customer service assistance, we will ask you to provide the following: your order number together with details of the query or issue you have raised. We will use your personal information to access your account and to respond to you and to investigate, consider and deal with any issue or complaint you have raised. In order to ensure that you receive our best customer service, we will retain details of previous conversations which we have had with you.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AT EVENTS AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
If you purchase our products we will collect: your full name, your address, a contact telephone number, your email address and details of your order. We will use this information to record your order and to make sure we can provide any after sales assistance or resolve any customer queries.
WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Under data protection law we must have a legal reason to use your personal information. We have set these out below.
When you purchase products from us we will use your personal information on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
If you contact us via the website or call customer services we will use your personal information on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you where your query relates to a product you have bought from us.
Where we use your personal information for the purposes of meeting any legal or compliance obligations we will do this on the basis that it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
Where we use it for the purpose of bringing or defending legal proceedings, our legal basis will be that it is necessary for performance of our contract with you (where it relates to a contract we have in place) or our legitimate interests.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
Where we collect information about you through cookies, we do so on the basis that it is to pursue our legitimate interests.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE THE INFORMATION WE HAVE ASKED FOR?
If you don’t provide the personal information we need when we ask for it, we may not be able to respond to you, enter into a contract with you or meet our obligations under it. For example if you don’t give us details of a delivery address we won’t be able to deliver the items you have bought from us.
WILL WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING?
We do not use your personal information to make automated decisions about you.
CAN WE CHANGE THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes set out above or for another reason that is compatible with those original purposes. If we would like to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do this.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will keep your personal information in our systems for six years to comply with the legal time frame in which to bring a claim unless the law requires us to keep it for longer.
WHO WILL WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
We have set out below the third parties we may share your personal information with. If we do this, we will put in place a contract with them which controls how your personal information may be used and which requires that your personal information is treated in accordance with data protection laws:
- Professional Advisors: We may share your personal information with our professional advisors (including lawyers, insurers and/or insurance brokers) to take advice e.g. in connection with any complaint or claim which you make.
- Card Payment Processor: We may share your personal information with the company which processes our card payments to ensure that your orders are completed securely.
- IT Suppliers: We use reputable third parties to provide us with our IT systems and support for them. They may access your personal information to the extent that they need to in order to provide their services.
- Website Analysis: We use reputable third parties to analyse how our website is used such as analysis of browsing or customer traffic patterns to enable us to improve our website and your experience of it.
- Delivery Companies: We use reputable third parties to deliver your order to you or to deliver it to store for collection.
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements: We will share your personal information with entities, companies or individuals where this is necessary to comply with any law, rule, regulation, legal procedure.
We will only disclose such personal information to any third party as is necessary to enable them to carry out the function or purpose for which it is disclosed. For example, we will only disclose such personal information to a carrier as is necessary to enable them to deliver or collect your product.
Our legal basis for sharing your personal information with our card payment processor and finance company is that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
Our legal basis for sharing your personal information with the other organisations set out above is that it is in our legitimate interests to do this to run our business effectively and to provide the best customer experience to you.
WILL WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EEA/UK?
We do not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA. Should we choose to transfer your personal information in the future, we will update this policy with our legal basis for doing so.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties (see above) who have a business need-to-know. They are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO and so, if you are happy to do so, please contact us in the first instance and we will try to resolve your issue.
You also have a number of other rights over your personal information, which are:
- the right to ask us what personal information we have about you and to have a copy of your personal information from us;
- the right to ask us to correct any errors in your personal information;
- the right to object to our legitimate interests;
- the right to object to us sending you marketing communications;
- the right to ask us to delete your personal information where: (i) we don’t need your personal information anymore; (ii) you withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information and we have no other legal basis to keep your personal information; (iii) you have asked us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you and we don’t actually have a valid legitimate interest to do what we are doing; (iv) our use of your personal information is illegal; (v) we have to delete your personal information to comply with our legal obligations;
- the right to ask us to restrict the use that we are making of your personal information where: (i) you don’t think the personal information we have about you is correct, so that we can check if it is correct; (ii) what we are doing with your personal information is illegal but you would rather we stop using your personal information rather than delete it; (iii) we don’t need your personal information anymore, but you need us to keep it so that you can exercise any legal rights; and (iv) you have asked us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you, so that we can check whether we actually have a valid legitimate interest to do what we are doing;
- where our use of your personal information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at [email]
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US